City Government Home
City Council Members
City Council Committees
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Who Should I Call?
City Hall History
Dovie L. Anderson
City Hall Building
314 W. Stephenson St.
Freeport, IL 61032-4327
City Hall Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Mortgage Foreclosure Notices
Pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/15-1503 and 735 ILCS 5/15-1508, Notices of Foreclosure for residential real estate mortgages on property located within the corporate limits of the City of Freeport, Illinois shall be sent to the following address:
City Clerk, City Hall, 314 West Stephenson Street, Freeport, IL 61032
Property Transfer Tax
Please direct to Finance Department, 314 West Stephenson Street, Freeport, IL 61032
Duties and responsibilities:
- Have charge, custody and control of all instruments, books and papers, the custody and control of which are not given to any other officer by insuring that documents are recorded, filed, and archived properly
- Attend meetings of council and keep a full and correct record of its proceedings
- Keep the corporate seal and use it in all cases where necessary
- Prepare council agenda packets; including finalizing agendas, distributing the packets, and programming the agenda on the website
- Record and index all ordinances passed by Council, and make a memorandum of the date of passage and of publication of such ordinances, which record and memorandum, or a certified copy thereof, shall be prima-facie evidence of the passage and publication of such ordinances for all purposes whatsoever, and have all ordinances published immediately after their passage, when required by law or ordinance
- Not suffer any records, papers or other writings of the City to be taken from his or her office under penalty of forfeiture of the amount of all damages that may accrue by reason of their loss or obliteration
- In conjunction with the Mayor or City Manager, sign all ordinances and licenses, respectively
- Process applications for special event permits, liquor licenses, mechanical games and devices, transient merchant licenses, self-service gas stations, and other miscellaneous licensing required by the Codified Ordinances
- Have the power to administer oaths on all lawful occasions
- Keep all records of City elections and perform duties of local election official
- Perform duties of the Freedom of Information Act officer and ensure compliance with the Act
- Prepare and maintain departmental budget
- Upon receipt of the annual report of the City Treasury, immediately cause such report to be published
- Maintain and update the city’s website
- Receive and archive bid documents
- Perform all duties required of him or her by ordinance, resolution or order of Council.
View link to printable PDF
Freeport City Hall
314 W. Stephenson St.
Freeport, IL 61032
Phone: 815.235.8200 or 815.235.8203