City of Freeport, Illinois


Who Should I Call?

Bid Documents

Administrative Services
City Manager
City Clerk
City Treasurer

Emergency Services
Fire Department
Police Department

Community Development
Human Resources
Public Works/City Eng.
- Street Department
- Water & Sewer
Information Technology

Garbage Collection and Landscape Waste

Directions to City Hall



Street Department Frequently Asked Questions


Who do I call for a loose dog, cat, or an animal hit by a car?


Call 235-8210 - if no one answers, please leave message


How do I get my tree in front of my house trimmed or removed?


The tree removal form is available on the website.

The form can also be picked up at City Hall or at the Street Department
at 1001 N. Island Ave. Complete the form and return it to the Street Superintendent at 1001 N. Island Ave and your request will be placed on the list to be done in the order it was received.


What number should I call if I see a pothole, street light out, traffic signal out, or a hanging branch?


Call 235-8210 Also, please see page on website for Street Light Outage


How do I get on the sidewalk program?


Please call the Street Department at 815-235-8210 and ask for the Public Works Director for current program information.


Quick Links

> Meeting Calendar
> E-Packets
> Codified Ordinances
> Forms
> FAQs
> Regional Media
> Chamber of Commerce
> Northwest Illinois Development Alliance
> Freeport/
Stephenson County Visitor’s Bureau
> Stephenson County

Freeport City Hall
314 W. Stephenson St.
Freeport, IL 61032
Phone: 815-235-8200 or 815-235-8203