2021 LEAF COLLECTION PROGRAM
The Public Works Department will begin the community-wide leaf pickup on October 12, 2021, and will continue through the end of November or until the first snowfall, whichever comes first.
- Leaves must be placed in a continuous row at the curb line.
- Only leaves are accepted. Please do not place any grass clippings, yard waste, sticks, brush, or trash in the leaf pile. These items can clog the collection equipment. If such waste is placed curbside city crews will refuse collection.
- Please do not park vehicles on or immediately next to a leaf pile.
- Please do not cover storm sewer grate with leaves.
We would also like to remind residents that they can take woody waste to the Timber Industries location on Walnut across from the County Fairgrounds on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. This service is free to Freeport residents.
The fall leaf collection program is designed to prevent storm sewer backup and reduce accidents due to slippery pavements. Historically, the program was put in place to remove the leaves that had fallen from City trees along the parkways only. Past and current administrations have allowed residents of the City to place leaves from trees on private property at the curb for removal also. All leaves that remain on the street after the first plow-able snow fall are the responsibility of the resident.
If you have questions, please call the Public Works Department at 815.235.8210.
Landscape Waste Program
The Landscape Waste Program runs from the spring to mid-November. Please contact the haulers to determine which one serves your area. Freeport uses two waste haulers:
- Gill’s Freeport Disposal – phone 815-233-5644 (open 8am to 4:30 pm)
- Moring Disposal – phone 815-233-9216 (open 7am to 4:30 pm)
Disclaimer: Links on this page may take you to pages that contain a City of Freeport form or document. Please note that these pages also contain drop-down menus that allow you to “Send Feedback”. Please note that these “Send Feedback” functions are directed to 3rd party sites and not to the City of Freeport. If you have any feedback intended for the City of Freeport, please contact the City directly.