Human Resource Manager
City Hall Building
314 W. Stephenson St.
Freeport, IL 61032
Phone: (815) 235-2065
Fax: (815) 599-5872
8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
The Human Resource Department of the City of Freeport provides such services as benefits administration, recruitment, orientation, safety training, workers’ compensation administration and salary and benefits administration according to municipal ordinance and bargaining unit contracts with AFSCME, IAFF, and PBLC. The Human Resource Manager is the City’s Benefits Coordinator and acts as liaison between the City’s employees and its administration.
The City of Freeport Human Resource Department accepts applications for the following departments:
- Mayor’s Office
- Finance Department
- Community & Economic Development
- Building Department
- Public Works Department
- Water & Sewer Department
- Freeport Public Library
The City of Freeport is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means that we do not discriminate based upon race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Working for the City of Freeport means helping our community run more smoothly, efficiently and safely.
Applications are accepted only for positions currently posted.
Applications are taken for a limited time. An expiration date is noted on each individual vacancy posting. Any application or resume not received prior to the close of the business day on the expiration date will be rejected.
The City of Freeport does not require civil service testing.
Pre-employment tests for illegal drug use are required as a condition of employment.
Applications for open positions may be obtained at the City Hall Building, Human Resource Department, 314 W. Stephenson Street, Suite 100, Freeport, Illinois.
Resumes may be mailed directly to:
City of Freeport
Human Resource Department
314 West Stephenson Street, Suite 100
Freeport, Illinois 61032
OR faxed to (815) 599-5872
The following departments accept their own applications at the address listed:
- Police Department 320 W. Exchange St., Freeport, Illinois 61032
- Fire Department 1650 S. Walnut Avenue, Freeport, Illinois 61032
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays plus birthday
- Paid life insurance
- Health and dental insurance (cost shared by employer & employee)
- Voluntary 457(k) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund or Police Pension/Fire Pension
- PEHP (Post Employment Health Plan)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Voluntary Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan
- Voluntary supplemental AFLAC insurance
- Freeport City Employees Credit Union (Contact Brett McKillip at 815-209-6437)
- Voluntary retiree continuation of group health and/or life insurance