Leaf Collection Map
Welcome to the City of Freeport’s Leaf Collection Map.
This map displays anticipated collection dates for each the City of Freeport’s Leaf Collection Zones.
Type an address in the search bar to zoom to a parcel.
On touch-screen devices, touch and drag to pan, pinch to zoom in or out.
Leaf Collection Program Rules and Tips.
- Leaves are collected in repeating cycles form west to east in the city unit the first snowfall. Specific requests for leaf pile pickups are not accepted as a part of the Leaf Collection Program. If you missed a given cycle of leaf collection, please see the bullet points below to ensure your leaves are collected on the next cycle.
- Leaves must be placed in a continuous row at the curb line.
- Only leaves are accepted. Please do not place any grass clippings, yard waste, sticks, brush, or trash in the leaf pile. These items can clog the collection equipment. If such waste is placed curbside city crews will refuse collection.
- Please do not park vehicles on or immediately next to a leaf pile.
- Please do not cover storm sewer grate with leaves.
We would also like to remind residents that they can take woody waste to the Timber Industries location on Walnut across from the County Fairgrounds on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. This service is free to Freeport residents.
The fall leaf collection program is designed to prevent storm sewer backup and reduce accidents due to slippery pavements. Historically, the program was put in place to remove the leaves that had fallen from City trees along the parkways only. Past and current administrations have allowed residents of the City to place leaves from trees on private property at the curb for removal also. All leaves that remain on the street after the first plow-able snow fall are the responsibility of the resident.
If you are on a mobile device or would prefer to open the map in a new tab, click here, otherwise follow the instructions below.