Please contact the hauler to determine which one serves your area. Freeport contracts with two waste haulers:
- Moring Disposal – phone 815.233.9216 (open 7:00 am to 4:30 pm)
- Gill’s Freeport Disposal – phone 815.233.5644 (open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
Freeport Transfer Station (phone 815-233-0742) is open the following hours:
- Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 2:00 pm
- First Saturday in Month 8:00 am to 11:00 am
Landscape Waste Program
Both Moring Disposal and Gill’s Freeport Disposal offer Landscape Waste Programs for residential pick-up of grass clippings, leaves, weeds, brush, and tree trimmings less than 2 inches in diameter. There is a pre-paid cost each season of $105.00 which includes weekly service and toter. Additional toters are available for rent for the season for an annual prepaid fee of $50.00.
|Moring Disposal – 800.423.0759||Gill’s Freeport Disposal – 815.233.5644|
|Pick-Up: Wednesdays, April 10 to November 13, 2019||Pick-Up: Thursdays, April 11 to November 13, 2019|
|Link to Moring’s Landscape Waste Flyer – 2019|
Weekly Trash Pick-Up Program
All garbage items must be set out the night before your collection day or no later than 5:00 a.m. on your pick up day.
Holiday Schedule: Pick up is delayed one day when these holidays fall on a weekday that is on or before your collection: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
All trash must be placed in a refuse bag or container no larger than 35 gallons in capacity and 35 lbs. in weight. Each single family dwelling is allowed up to 2 bags or trash cans each week. Residents using bags smaller than 35 gallons will be allowed more within reason.
Residents with additional trash can set out extra bags or trash cans with a $0.50 extra item sticker securely attached around the neck of the bag or clearly visible on the can. Loose unconstrained items will not be picked up. Stickers may be purchased at the following locations:
Moring Disposal – phone 815.233.9216 (open 7:00 am to 4:30 pm)
|Freeport Recycling Center||657 N Van Buren|
|Cub Foods||1512 S. West Ave|
|Horizon Supermarket||1130 Galena Avenue|
|Horizon Liquors||27 S. Walnut|
|Adam’s Market||453 S. Adams|
|Sullivan’s Foods||2002 W. Galena Ave.|
Gill’s Freeport Disposal – phone 815.233.5644 (open 8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
|All-In-One Convenience||920 S. Locust Avenue|
|Cub Foods||1512 S. West Avenue|
|Horizon Supermarket||1130 Galena Avenue|
|Sullivan’s Foods||2002 W. Galena Avenue|
Recyclable Item Preparation Requirements
Recycling bins may be set out every week the night before your pick up day or no later than 5:00 a.m. on your pick up day and should contain recycled items ONLY. Recyclable items can be loose and co-mingled together in your bin. All residences must have a recycling bin at the curb to identify your stop for recycling collection that day. Residents may purchase additional bins at the Freeport Recycling Center or from Gill’s Freeport Disposal for $12.00.
Recycled items in your bin must be empty and free of food, drink, or any residue. Newsprint & other paper products can be stacked on the bottom of the bin with all other materials co-mingled on top. This may help to prevent blowing on windy days.
Please do not dispose of plastic bags in your recycling bin or use them to contain excess recyclable items as these contaminate the recycled material. Styrofoam and blister packaging are also not recyclable and should be set out with your trash rather than your recycling.
In the event that you have additional recyclable items, place them in a separate paper bag, cardboard box or container clearly marked recycling beside the bin.
- METAL PRODUCTS: Tin & Aluminum: Cans, formed aluminum and tin containers including old pie and cake tins. Empty and rinse container completely. Place lids inside of cans. Labels do not have to be removed.
- GLASS PRODUCTS: Glass Jars & Bottles only: Empty and rinse container completely. Labels do not have to be removed.
- PLASTIC PRODUCTS: Plastic Jugs and bottles: Containers with numbers 1 through 7 on the bottom (Except Styrofoam). Empty and rinse container completely. Labels do not have to be removed.
- PAPER PRODUCTS: Newsprint: All newsprint is acceptable.
- Junk Mail: Includes envelopes, fliers, brochures, advertisements, old papers, white & colored papers.
- Other Paper Items: Catalogs, magazines, phone books, soft cover books (hard cover books need covers removed).
- Brown Kraft Paper Bags: Grocery, shopping, lunch bags, etc.
- Corrugated (Cardboard Boxes): Break down, bundle or stack in manageable sizes not exceeding 3 foot square.
- Other Cardboard: Food, clothing, shoe, toy & game boxes, beverage cartons, soda boxes, etc.
Electronic items are no longer accepted at the landfills; therefore, no large or small electronics will be accepted in your trash. For electronic recycling opportunities, visit websites at: