There are four types of Street Lights within the City:
- Mounted on wood poles (residential areas) (ComEd Owned)
- Mounted on decorative poles (Galena Ave., Carriage Hill & Riverside Drive) (ComEd Owned)
- Mounted on concrete poles (Downtown Area) (City Owned–scroll down for more information)
- Mounted on Traffic Signals (Major intersections) (City Owned)
If you notice that a light is not working, please report it to the proper owner.
ComEd: 1-800-334-7661 (1-800- EDISON 1)
- You will get an automated answering machine.
- Press the number associated with reporting a power outage.
- You will be asked to enter the phone number where the outage has occurred.
- At this point, unless you really are having a power outage they will report that no outage for that area has been reported.
- Next you will be connected to a live person.
- Tell this person that you are reporting a street light outage.
- They will take the address (location) of the light and prepare a work order.
- They will also let you know the time frame for the repair.
City Of Freeport Public Works Department 815-235-8210
Please let the person answering the phone know the following information:
- your name
- your phone number
- a description of light that is out
- the address and location of the light
- the type of pole and any other relevant information
If you get the answering machine please leave the same information after the beep.