Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

There are four types of Street Lights within the City:

  1. Mounted on wood poles (residential areas) (ComEd Owned)
  2. Mounted on decorative poles (Galena Ave., Carriage Hill & Riverside Drive) (ComEd Owned)
  3. Mounted on concrete poles (Downtown Area) (City Owned–scroll down for more information)
  4. Mounted on Traffic Signals (Major intersections) (City Owned)

If you notice that a light is not working, please report it to the proper owner.

ComEd: 1-800-334-7661 (1-800- EDISON 1)

  • You will get an automated answering machine.
  • Press the number associated with reporting a power outage.
  • You will be asked to enter the phone number where the outage has occurred.
  • At this point, unless you really are having a power outage they will report that no outage for that area has been reported.
  • Next you will be connected to a live person.
  • Tell this person that you are reporting a street light outage.
  • They will take the address (location) of the light and prepare a work order.
  • They will also let you know the time frame for the repair.

City Of Freeport Public Works Department 815-235-8210

Please let the person answering the phone know the following information:

  • your name
  • your phone number
  • a description of light that is out
  • the address and location of the light
  • the type of pole and any other relevant information

If you get the answering machine please leave the same information after the beep.

Back to top