Contractor License Application and Letter
2020 Contractor Licenses
All contractor licenses expire December 31 of their respective year.
To obtain a contractor license, you will need to return the included application, a complete packet and renewal fee. Please note: Testing for HVAC & ELEC is required for all licenses to be issued. **
REMEMBER TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
In order to process your application, a complete packet is needed. You will need to submit all documents each application. Even if you submitted them for a prior year.
- Complete the application and signature
- Affidavit of Exemption (if you are exempt from IL Workers Compensation coverage law)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance with the City of Freeport being listed as a Certificate Holder
- Copy of any state licenses (i.e., Roofing, Plumbing)
- EPA Lead Certificate
- Check or Credit Card for renewal
The “initial” fee
- General Contractor, Roofing, Signs, & Misc. $220
- Electric, HVAC and Boiler (non-licensed plumber) $294**
- Plumbing No Fee
If you renew your contractor license for the next year, before December 31 of the current year, the renewal fee is as follows.
- General Contractor, Roofing, Signs, & Misc. $110
- Electric, HVAC and Boiler (non-licensed plumber) $147**
- Plumbing No Fee
The federal law, effective October 1, 2010, requires contractors who perform renovation, repairs and painting jobs in pre-1978 housing and child-occupied facilities to be certified and to use lead-safe work practices. Information is available at www.epa.gov
Community Development Department – including Building Forms – Return to: 314 W. Stephenson Street, Suite 100, Freeport IL 61032 Any questions, please call 815-235-8202.
Disclaimer: Links on this page may take you to pages that contain a City of Freeport form or document. Please note that these pages also contain drop-down menus that allow you to “Send Feedback”. Please note that these “Send Feedback” functions are directed to 3rd party sites and not to the City of Freeport. If you have any feedback intended for the City of Freeport, please contact the City directly.