Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

CDBG Adams Avenue Housing Rehabilitation

City Meeting in Freeport Illinois


In July 2022, the City of Freeport was awarded a Community Development Block Grant of $550,000 to aid in housing improvements along the Adams Avenue corridor. The grant has identified 61 homeowners that are eligible to participate.

The City of Freeport has announced a deadline of April 14, 2023 for substantially complete applications. Each potentially qualifying homeowner has been sent an application and will continue to receive communication from the City to reach all 61 grant participants. The City will not move forward with the grant process until a good faith effort in communication outreach has been conducted.

Grant application assistance is available at City Hall during regular hours. Individuals with questions regarding the grant are encouraged to call the City’s Community & Economic Development Department at 815-235-8202.

View a Sample Application and list of accepted documents.

Submission of an application does not guarantee funding will be awarded. A maximum of 10 homes will be awarded funds for housing rehabilitation. After receiving applications, the Region 1 Planning Council will grade homeowner eligibility based upon applications submitted.

The Community Development Block Grant for Housing Rehabilitation is designed to assist low-to-moderate income homeowners with improvements to ensure safety and sanitary living conditions. Improvements like structural work, roofing, electrical, plumbing, lead remediation, and ADA and accessibility accommodations are among the eligible uses of grant funds.


Disclaimer:  Links on this page may take you to pages outside of the City’s website.  Please note that these pages may contain functions that allow you to “Send Feedback” or to post comments/questions.  Please note that these functions may be directed to third party sites and not to the City of Freeport. If you have any feedback intended for the City of Freeport, please contact the City directly.

Back to top