Below is an educational/informational opportunity from FEMA regarding its Flood Insurance Program.
FEMA Region 5’s Flood Insurance Liaison is offering two opportunities to learn more about flood insurance and the National Flood Insurance Program. This webinar is approved for up to 2 CFM CECs; it is not approved for insurance continuing education by the Illinois Department of Insurance. This webinar is open to members of the public; feel free to share registration information with your community members.
This webinar will discuss introductory concepts of the National Flood Insurance Program including:
- Flood risk
- Flood insurance compared to disaster assistance
- Brief overview of participation requirements, Elevation Certificates (ECs), and Letters of Map Change (LOMC)
- Purchasing flood insurance and premiums
- Claims and appeals
FEMA Civil Rights Notice For Members of the Public “The meeting/training site is required to be fully accessible to people with disabilities and the electronic version of meeting or training materials will be accessible to people with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation (sign language interpreters, Braille, CART, etc.), please make your request at least 48 hours before the event. Last minute requests will be accepted but may not be possible to fulfill. Send an e-mail to FEMA-R5-NFIPOutreach@fema.dhs.gov.”
- National Flood Insurance Program – Spring Briefing for Illinois (Option 1)
- Monday, March 15, 2021 1:00:00 PM CDT – 2:30:00 PM CDT
- National Flood Insurance Program – Spring Briefing for Illinois (Option 2)
- Thursday, March 18, 2021 10:00:00 AM CDT – 11:30:00 AM CDT