CONSTRUCTION & ROAD CLOSURES: 2022
Several projects throughout the City of Freeport are anticipated to begin this month. Please note the following current closures as well as start dates for other construction projects.
- Laurel Street to Park Street, Bellaire, and Willow are closed during the day to traffic
- Chicago Avenue will be closed for the duration of the construction season
- Hillcrest Drive
- Park Boulevard & Laurel Street intersection: Hard closure, Tuesday August 30 for 24-48 hours
The following will be closed to traffic from 6AM to 7PM Monday through Friday
- Burchard Avenue from Empire Street to American Street: Construction begins August 29
- Edwards Avenue: Construction begins August 29
- Cleveland Avenue: Construction begins September 12
UPCOMING REPAVING—TEMPORARY CLOSURES:
- Farmdale Lane
- Sandy Point
- Barley Ridge
- Moss Canyon
Residents are asked to follow construction markings and traffic signs, as well as comply with road closures to ensure resident and construction crew safety. For more timely construction updates throughout Freeport, please follow the City of Freeport Facebook Page.